The Chevron Federal Credit Union checking account is one of a kind. We offer free ATM transactions, no per-check charges or monthly fees and you earn above-market dividends whenever your balance exceeds $500.
- Earn dividends, which are compounded daily and paid monthly.
- Enjoy the option of setting up Overdraft Protection using your Savings, MarketEdge Account, or Unsecured Line of Credit.
- Receive quarterly account statements.
Checking accounts can be designated as the following types of accounts:
- Uniform Transfer to Minors Act (UTMA), basically a custodial account.
- Trust accounts.
Only $25 is needed to open a Checking account, but there is no minimum balance required to maintain the account. Dividends are paid on balances of $500 or more.
Withdrawal & Transfer Options
- Up to $500 per day at CFCU ATMs and other participating network ATMs.
- Custom or traditional personalized checks.
- Bill Payer.
- Transfer via PC or Telephone Access.
- Wire transfer.
- Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Withdrawals by mail.
- In person at CU Service Centers.
- Debit / ATM Card.
eDeposit is a revolutionary service that allows you to securely deposit checks directly into your account from the comfort of your home or office, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
All you need is a scanner, computer, and Internet connection. Scan in the front and back of your check (or upload check images), and print your receipt. Your deposit will be credited immediately if
made before 3 p.m. Pacific; otherwise, it will post the next business day.
Sign on to your online account through PC Access to get started!
*Applies during normal business hours.
New Solutions Checking Account
The New Solutions Checking account can provide you a second chance at having a Checking account and is a great way to rebuild your credit history. Additionally, it comes with helpful, educational material through inBalance® to help you manage your account effectively. For only a small monthly fee, the New Solutions Checking account is a cost-effective alternative to paying high processing fees to check cashing companies. The best part is that the New Solutions Checking account will convert to our regular Checking account after only 12 months of positive activity!*
- No minimum balance required.
- FREE ATM card, PC Access online banking, Bill Payer, and eStatements.
- UNLIMITED check writing, a FREE box of checks, and FREE online check images.
- Account converts to a regular Checking account after 12 months of satisfactory activity.
- All this and much more for only $5 per month* (charged at statement cycle).
*Other restrictions apply. Please speak with a Member Services Representative for further details.
Don't stand in line every payday just to deposit your paycheck. Instead, take advantage of CFCU's Direct Deposit service and save time by having your entire paycheck, less the usual deductions, automatically deposited into your Chevron Federal Credit Union account. Direct Deposit is a free service to all members.
Sign up for Direct Deposit
IMPORTANT: Instead of just your member number, you must use your 14-digit CFCU account number (found in the MICR line of your CFCU check) to authorize electronic debits or credits to your account. Please click here to find out how to establish your 14-digit CFCU account number.
Direct Deposit Benefits
- Your funds are available immediately, even if you can't visit a branch.
- You can immediately withdraw cash at any Chevron Federal Credit Union branch or any CFCU or network ATM each payday.
- You can start earning dividends sooner on your deposited funds.
- Your paycheck cannot be lost or stolen.
How Direct Deposit Works
On your payday, your employer will provide you with a pay stub, and that same day the amount of your paycheck, less the usual deductions, will appear on your CFCU member statement. If you ever need to verify a deposit, simply call our 24-hour Telephone Access Service or log onto PC Access. It's simple and easy.
Payroll Deduction Service
CFCU's Payroll Deduction Service lets you conveniently and automatically arrange to have specified amounts allocated from your paycheck to separate CFCU Savings and loan accounts. With our Payroll Deduction Service, you'll:
- Never miss a loan payment.
- Maximize the amount you save with regular deposits into your savings, checking, IRA or other CFCU accounts.
- Conveniently allocate your deposit among several CFCU accounts.
Master Account Agreement and Disclosure (PDF)
You will need Adobe Reader installed in order to view this file.