Each spring, the Credit Union awards David P. Smay Scholarships in the amount of $1,000 to winning submissions.
To apply, you must be:
- A Chevron Federal Credit Union (CFCU) member with all accounts in good standing.
- A graduating high school senior, 19 years of age or younger.
- A thoughtful essay with a title (double-spaced, two pages maximum, eleven point font minimum) on the topic, “What or who has been your greatest influence in life thus far, and how have you been impacted?”
- Your transcript(s) reflecting all four years of high school, including any Honors or AP courses, as well as your cumulative un-weighted GPA.
- A list of your extracurricular and community activities and work history.
Scholarship submissions must include a cover sheet with your name, CFCU member number, home address, phone number, email address, name of the post-secondary school you plan to attend, and your college student ID number (if available).
Submissions can be dropped off at any CFCU branch, mailed to CFCU Scholarships, P.O. Box 2069, Oakland, CA 94604-2069, or emailed to email@example.com.
Submissions will be graded on a point system. You may receive one bonus point for visiting the CFCU Facebook wall (facebook.com/ChevronFCU) and writing “Scholarship 2013” plus your last name.
The submission deadline is Wednesday, May 1, 2013. Mailed submissions must be postmarked by May 1, 2013, and email submissions must be received by midnight on May 1, 2013. Winners will be announced no later than Friday, May 31, 2013.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 510-627-5000 or toll-free 800-232-8101 if you have any questions.